|Internet Purchase Exchange
|Copyright 2017 Holland Township Police Department. All rights reserved.
Contact the Webmaster
|Holland Township Police Department
61 Church Road Milford, NJ 08848
(back of building)
Internet sales and purchases (craigslist, ebay) have become popular. We are
aware of the potential dangers
involved in meeting a stranger to transact a purchase or sale of an item.
In an effort to assist and make a transaction safer, the Holland Township
Police Department has designated an area where individuals can meet to
conduct internet purchases and exchanges. The area is posted,
lighted and located behind the municipal building at 61 Church Road Holland
Officers cannot get involved or actively monitor the transaction. However,
there are security cameras that record the exchange area 24 hours a day.
There is also a phone at the location behind the sign that rings directly to the
Hunterdon County Emergency Communications Center, if someone needs
assistance. Although there is nothing that guarantee’s complete safety, we
continue to strive to keep the public as safe as possible.
When making any purchase or sale please always keep in mind the following:
• Insist on a public meeting place, such as coffee shop or police station.
• Do not meet in a secluded place, give out your address or invite strangers
into your home.
• Be especially careful when buying or selling high-value items.
• Tell a friend or family member where and when you’re going.
• Take your cellphone along if you have one.
• Never go alone.
• If the deal appears to be too good to be true, then it probably is.
• Always trust your instincts. If the situation feels uneasy then leave. Your life
is not worth the price of the item you are selling or buying.