Copyright 2013 Holland Township Police Department. All rights reserved.
Contact the Webmaster
Non-Emergency/Dispatch (908) 995-4670 Non-Emergency/Office: (908) 995-2804 EMERGENCY 9-1-1
Hunterdon County, New Jersey
61 Church Road Milford, New Jersey 08848
|Firearm Applicant's Instructions
Click Here to download the instruction sheet
1. Be a resident of Holland Township
*Must provide copies of either a tax bill or a rent/lease payment showing address.
*Must provide copies of at least two recent bills in your name and address (i.e. electric, phone, etc.)
2. Be 18 years of age for Firearms for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card.
Be 21 years of age for Firearms Permit to Purchase Handgun
* Must provide copy of Birth Certificate
* Must provide copy of Driver's License - photo preferred, and must show house and street address.
3. Answer all questions truthfully - type or block print all answers.
4. Give complete mailing address where asked:
A. Applicant (must include house number and street)
C. References (someone that has known you a minimum of 3-5 years, may not be a relative or a member of
5. Do not sign or date application forms until processed. An officer must witness your signature.
6. Call (908) 995-4670 to make arrangements for the processing of your application.
Appointments cannot be made.
7. Due to a new mandated process by the New Jersey State Police fingerprinting must be processed by
Morpho Trak, who provides live scan (electronic fingerprinting). The cost is $57.50 which is paid
directly to Morpho Trak either by a credit card or a debit card only. No cash or checks are accepted.
This process will be explained upon you returning the completed application and necessary paperwork.
Please note: Your application must be processed by an officer prior to the above fingerprinting process.
B. An applicant who possesses a valid Firearm Identification Card from any jurisdiction or who was
previously fingerprinted and obtained a Permit to Purchase a Handgun from this department, does not
need to be fingerprinted. (Must have I.D. Card in possession and provide to Officer for copy to be made -
C. If fingerprinting is not necessary [B above], then:
(1) Request for Criminal History Record Information for a Non Criminal Justice Purpose (Form SBI 212A)
must be signed. Applicant must provide a MONEY ORDER made out to "Division of State Police- S.B.I. for
$18.00. (No personal checks accepted).
8. All applicants must complete and sign a "Consent for Mental Health Records Search".
9. Applicants under the age of 26 must complete and sign a "Consent for Juvenile Records Search".
10. All applicants must fill out information required on "Page 2" of "Firearm Application Investigation
Report" and "Firearms Investigation Release Authorization", Appendix 14B.
11. Fees - Must have correct change or check made out to "Holland Township Police Department" for
permit(s) or I.D. Card, (Permit is $2.00 each, I.D. Card is $5.00 - initial only; no fee for duplicate card).
12. Application for Duplicate Firearms Purchaser Identification Card
A. Must complete "Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase
Permit" (STS-33), and check appropriate block(s) on top of form.
B. To replace stolen or lost card, applicant must provide a statement as to where, when, how stolen or lost.
C. To replace mutilated card, applicant must provide statements as to where, when, and how mutilated.
(Also, turn in mutilated card).
NOTE: Effective January 1, 2010, the State of New Jersey limits the purchase of handguns
to 1 every 30 days.
|FIREARM FORMS CAN BE
DOWNLOADED FROM THIS WEBSITE
TO SAVE YOU TIME
|APPLICATION FORMS TO DOWNLOAD
|If you have any questions regarding these directions, please contact us at (908) 995-4670
or visit the New Jersey State Police Firearms Identification Website click here
pick up a free