Holland Township Police DEPARTMENT
Hunterdon County, New Jersey
1. Be a resident of Holland Township
2. Must be 18 years of age for a New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card
3. Must be 21 years of age for a New Jersey Firearms Permit to Purchase a Handgun
4. Answer all questions on the application truthfully- type or block print all answers
5. Give complete mailing addresses where asked
6. Provide references that you have known for a minimum of 3-5 years, no relatives
7. All information provided must be current with your current address
Documents You Must Provide:
* Copy of either your tax bill or rent agreement showing name and address. (If you do not
own or rent a letter must be provided by the homeowner indicating that you reside with them)
* Copy of two recent bills in your name and address
* Copy of birth certificate
* Copy of New Jersey driver's license
* Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit
* Firearms Investigation Release Authorization
* Firearm Investigation - Page 2
* Consent for Mental Health Records Search
* Consent for Juvenile Records Search (26 years of age or under)
Lost/Stolen/Mutiliated Card Replacements:
1. Applicants applying to replace a stolen or lost card must provide a written statement as to
where, when and how it was stolen or lost.
2. Applicants applying to replace a mutilated card must provide a written statement as to
where, when and how it was mutilated. The card will need to be turned in during your
Fees: Cash/Check made payable to Holland Township Police Department
ID Cards (Initial Only) $5.00
Permit to Purchase a Handgun $2.00/each
Fingerprinting or Record Check:
Fingerprinting: Is mandated for all first time applicants. Applicants will receive
information for fingerprinting during their appointment. The cost is $56.50 which is paid
directly to MorphoTrust. First time applicants will not need to do a check through NJPortal.
Record Check Through NJPortal: Effective January 1, 2014 all applicants who currently
hold a New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card will now have a record check
performed through NJPortal. Applicants will now be required to utilize the internet for
submissions. The cost is $20.00 which is paid directly to the state of New Jersey. A link and
instructions will be provided during your appointment.
Contact Colleen Pursell at (908) 995-2804 ext. 224 to schedule an appointment.
Appointments are available Monday - Friday from 8:30 to 3:30 pm.
|FIREARM FORMS CAN BE
DOWNLOADED FROM THIS WEBSITE
TO SAVE YOU TIME
|APPLICATION FORMS TO DOWNLOAD
|If you have any questions regarding the firearm application process,
please contact Colleen Pursell at (908) 995-2804 ext. 224 or by email at
Please read the instructions below as changes were made January 1, 2014.
Copyright 2014 Holland Township Police Department. All rights reserved.
Contact the Webmaster